Thursday 21 May 2015

Shift Scheduling Software Wishlist

When it comes to what do we want out of software we all have our own wish lists. And we all have those things about our current software we would like to change. Like why doesn't it make it easy to print out, why can't it do this automatically etc. When we are running and working on a shift pattern it is important to have a fair and easy system to run.
Here are some common requests when running a shift pattern:
  • I want it to record sickness
  • I want to know what my sickness rate is (easily)
  • I want to know how much sickness everyone has taken
  • I want to know when I am short staffed
  • I want it to record holidays
  • I want to know how much holiday everyone has taken
  • I want to know how much holiday everyone has left
  • I want to know how much holiday I have to fit in till the end of the year
  • I want to know what my holiday resource is
  • I want to know when my holiday resource will run out
  • I want to know when I am over staffed
  • I want it to record everyone's hours
  • I want to know how much training everyone has taken
  • I want to know what I'm doing at Christmas
  • I want my two weeks off during the summer
  • I want to know how much I am going to be paid
  • I want to know how much the operation will cost the company
  • I want to know if there is enough people for the work
  • I want to know how much overtime everyone is entitled to
  • I want to record overtime
  • I want to know how many weekend everyone will be working
  • I want to know how many nights everyone is working
  • I want to know that nights are scheduled fairly
  • I want to know that weekends are scheduled fairly
  • I want an equal opportunity for overtime
  • I want to include cover shifts
  • I want to divide the cover shifts fairly
  • I want to be able to swap shifts
  • I want to commute with my friends
  • I want to go on holiday with my wife
  • I want to know my shifts in advance
  • I want to know when I can deny or approve a holiday request
  • I want to know when I can deny or approve overtime
  • I want to know when I can deny or approve authorised absence
  • I want to know when I can deny or approve training
  • I want to know when I can deny or approve shift swaps
  • I want to know if I can take on additional work
  • I want to know when I can fit it additional work
  • I want to know if I can met my deadlines
  • I want to know if I can met my SLAs
  • I want to know when I can preform maintenance
  • I want to "sweat the assets"
  • I want to monitor my KPIs
  • I want to use Banked Hours
  • I want monitor Banked Hours
  • I want to carryover holiday
  • I want to be able to contact people about working shifts/overtime
  • I want to be able to generate reports for the board (easily)
  • I want to use Annualised Hours
  • I want to use shutdowns
  • I want to know how much holiday a shutdown will cover
  • I want to be able to introduce a new starter
  • I want to be able to accommodate a leaver
  • I want to be able to schedule maternity leave
  • I want to be able to do what-if analysis
  • I want to be able to produce graphs of KPIs
  • I want to know how sickness was taken last year
  • I want to know if my holiday management worked
  • I want to be able to compare years
  • I want graphs on holidays taken
  • I want to met the working time directive
  • I want to know who is on a break
  • I want to know who is available to cover shifts
  • I want to know how many consecutive shifts people are working
  • I want warnings for potential problems
  • I want people to be able to see their shifts
  • I want to be able to print out easily
  • I want to be able to use the software easily
  • I want to be able to include agency staff
  • I want to include ad-hoc work
  • I want to include additional working hours
  • I want to see who is on-call
  • I want to see who is down to work today
  • I want top be able to tell the shift manager who is in
  • I want to make sure I do not exceed anyone's hours
  • I want to know what is their start and finish times
  • I want to included golden days
  • I want to monitor floating days
  • I want to be able to book holidays in
  • I want to monitor holiday quotas
  • I want an audit trail of every change
  • I want to be able to do an annual reconciliation
  • I want to recode Bank Holidays
  • I want to share out the Bank Holidays fairly
  • I want to make sure I always have the correct skill mix
  • I want to be able to observe as many shifts as possible
  • I want to include team meeting
  • I want to have a monthly meeting
  • I want to employ people with different contracts on the same rota
  • I want to be able to employ short term and temporary staff
  • I want to be able to set it up for a year in minutes
  • I want to be able to run a 2-shift system
  • I want to be able to run a 3-shift system
  • I want to use 12-hour shifts
  • I want to be able to use 8-hour shifts
  • I want to use different length shifts
  • I want to vary the number on shift
  • I want a different number working at weekends to during the week
  • I want a different rota during vacation periods
  • I want a different rota during term time
  • I want to calculate my shift allowance
  • I want a migration plan
  • I want a call-out system
  • I want to use TOIL
  • I want my staffing levels to match my workload
  • I want to match up people to work together
  • I want people to work in teams
  • I want people to move teams regularly
  • I want people to be able to change depart/group/location easily
  • I want to be able to monitor medical conditions
  • I want to schedule the annual health check
  • I want to be able to reintroduce people slowly after a long time illness
  • I want to be able to have training after every long break
  • I want to be able to roster people across continents to create one global shift pattern
  • I want my rota to run itself
These are not in any particular order and everyone has their own priorities.
Our software VisualrotaX does most of these and can be adapted to do the rest if required to find out more go to our website

No comments:

Post a Comment